Photo

How To Update New Passport Info With Inm From Outside Of Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:00 PM

I recently received a renewed US passport. I'm currently in the US. I have permanent residency in Mexico.

It's just occurred to me that I now have documents that don't match my records since INM has my old passport number on file. Obviously I will need to update my info with INM. It seems as if the fewest problems would likely result if I could do this before I return to Mexico.

Who here with permanent residency has updated their passport information with INM under the current system? How'd you do it? Is there a way to do this from outside Mexico?

#2 John Matt

John Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Living in paradise!

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:06 PM

Hi,

I'd start out by calling the nearest Mexican consulate.... However in my experience it's most probably going to be tough to do outside of Mexico. Do you have a local attorney in COZ? They could check it out for you.

JM

#3 El Graduado

El Graduado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:55 AM

It is better to ask forgiveness than ask for permission.  Just enter with your new passport and if they say anything at the airport, explain you got the new passport while you were in the US and you are heading to immigration on Cozumel to make the change.  When you go to Cozumel's immigration office, tell them you renewed your US passport and will give you a sample letter to fill out.  Take the letter home, re-write it with your info, then return to immigration with the letter, your new passport, a set of photocopies of EVERY PAGE (even blank ones) of your new passport, and the original and copy of your residente permanente card, front and back on the same page.  It is a quick and free process.  It is pretty much the same for a change of address, except for that you also need a utility bill, original and copy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users