Retirement is approaching so we're running numbers and resetting goals to get to Qroo ASAP You guys have been great with sharing information and advice over the years, and I'm wondering if I can beg a bit (OK, a LOT) more from you...?
1) Do most rentals include water/sewer/garbage or will we be paying those bills? (I'm aware that we'll need to purchase drinking water)
From owners, what do these costs run? I've seen some posts on water ($20-$40US/month?), but nothing on garbage or sewer. We're looking at 2 bedroom/2 bath apts and homes.
2) What is the cost of maintaining a fideicomiso? I've seen anywhere between $500 and $1500US per year....
I've been quoted $1500-2500US to set up the fideicomiso?
3) Not including eating out does $800US/month sound reasonable for groceries, household supplies and personal needs?
I'm thinking approximately about 2/3 of what it is here.
4) Any suggestions about property management? We plan to rent our 1st year maybe the 2nd, but IF we buy how much will it cost per month to have someone check on the property, maybe turn on the dehumidifiers for a day, etc.? We're not interested in renting our property out, but we may spend up to 4 months a year off the island and worry about theft and damage.
5) Car insurance costs? Not sure if we'll buy a new car here and drive down or buy one there...
Lastly... (until I think of something else!) My husband is very concerned about TV. Are there satellite packages that will give him 'American' channels?
Any suggestions/advice is appreciated and gladly accepted!
Thanks to all