Photo

Retiring And Ready To Check Out Cozumel For More Than Just A Week!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:17 AM

Just booked my Suites Turquesa condo for July 2- August 2, 2017. After 31 years of teaching, I am retiring in December! My husband retired the end of September after 34 years with Tyson Foods. I am still teaching online part time, but I can do that from any beach in the Caribbean!

So, we are finally getting to see what island living will be like. Well, I am splurging by renting a beach condo this first year, but I think I deserve it!

I do have a question, we will be going over to spend 3 nights on Isla Mujeres to check off my bucket list and swim with the whale sharks.

We plan to take the ferry to PDC, then the ADO bus to Cancun and then the ferry to Isla Mujeres. My question is will the ADO bus take us to the ferry in Cancun? If not, where do we need to get off in Cancun to get a taxi?

Cindy

#2 Eileen

Eileen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:23 AM

You'll love Isla Mujeres. Here's info that I found about getting to where the ferry leaves from:

http://www.isla-muje...la-mujeres.html

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

Congratulations on your retirement.

You made a great choice by renting, and no better place than beachfront.

The snorkeling is great there, and you're near the Coral Princess which has a very good chef if you want to kick back on cooking.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:08 PM

Congratulations on your retirement.

You made a great choice by renting, and no better place than beachfront.

The snorkeling is great there, and you're near the Coral Princess which has a very good chef if you want to kick back on cooking.

That is why I picked that area, I like the shore snorkeling there along the rocky shores. I have stayed at the Coral Princess before and you are right, the snorkeling was great. I saw my first spotted eagle ray there.

Cindy

#5 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:13 PM

You'll love Isla Mujeres. Here's info that I found about getting to where the ferry leaves from:

http://www.isla-muje...la-mujeres.html

Thank you. It looks like I should get off the ADO bus at the Cancun downtown station and then take a taxi to the ferry.

Cindy

#6 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

That's what I did ^^ ... taxi from Cancun Bus Station to IM ferry dock/Puerto Juarez. Works quite well and not expensive. I also stayed 3 nights so I wasn't rushed and took my time to check out IM. It was so effing hot - even the ocean water at the North Beach was lukewarm and not as refreshing as I'd expected. My last day there - the day after the whale shark tour which was great - I opted to hang at my little budget hotel w/ pool and AC and alternated to stay cool.

Congrats on your retirement and upcoming MONTH in Coz. Post and let us know how it goes.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#7 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:58 AM

That's what I did ^^ ... taxi from Cancun Bus Station to IM ferry dock/Puerto Juarez. Works quite well and not expensive. I also stayed 3 nights so I wasn't rushed and took my time to check out IM. It was so effing hot - even the ocean water at the North Beach was lukewarm and not as refreshing as I'd expected. My last day there - the day after the whale shark tour which was great - I opted to hang at my little budget hotel w/ pool and AC and alternated to stay cool.

Congrats on your retirement and upcoming MONTH in Coz. Post and let us know how it goes.

Thank you; will do!

Cindy

#8 divern2h20

divern2h20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

Hey cdul,

That's what we're doing Feb 1-28 rented an apartment close to the Museum.

Wife retired officialy on 1/13/17. I'm still in the work force for a while. This has been a bucket list item for several years.

Started visiting COZ in '96 staying a week then 10 days, then 2 -3 times a year.

Enjoy your retirement !

#9 divern2h20

divern2h20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

By the way it's nice to see a little action on CMC hope it comes back to it's past activity.

There was always great information here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users