• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

Thing are going to be changing on the site, and in a good way.

Stay tuned!

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

Waiting to see. Only one month more before I get down.

#3 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

Tease!

#4 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:12 AM

Waiting to see. Only one month more before I get down.

We will be there mid-March.  Will we get to see you?

VideoVern (aka: Skip)

"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

#5 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

Vern...Missed you last year. We haven't been going to Wet Wendy's that much since it sold but do stop by to see Frank every once in a while. We usually go to the Pub in the evenings or Senior Iguanas during the day on the East side. Let's get together for dinner.

#6 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

We arrive March 10th for 10 days.  Will make plans for something next month.

Vern

"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

#7 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

BTW for anybody that is interested:

I have 5 cases (50 gloves) of sterile gloves to get down for the Humane Society.  I will be able to get one or two cases in my luggage.  Anybody have some extra room?  If so, let me know and I will ship some to you.  

Vern

#8 divern2h20

divern2h20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

We'll be going 2/1 and would have space.for the rest of the gloves.

PM and we'll see what can be done.

#9 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

Vern...I think St. Patrick's day is on March 17th. this year so will be having dinner at Wet Wendy's on that evening for some of Frank's corned beef. If all else fails we will probably see you there. We usually sit at the bar and can reserve you seats if you like. If you can't get anyone else for the gloves I can make room. They are about the size of a Kleenex box aren't they?

#10 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

Steve...The 17th sounds like a plan.

Steve and divern2h20...These boxes contain 50 gloves and are more the size of 2 boxes of kleenex (on steroids)  They are the surgical gloves, not the exam gloves that we see in the Dr. office.  I am going to take a look at them today to determine if the gloves can be removed and the box folded flat for packing.  If they can, I should be able to get 2 of them in with my dive gear. That would leave 3 more boxes to get muled down.

#11 divern2h20

divern2h20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

VV if I may,

I will be making 2 trips down in Feb.2/1 and again 2/22 on the 2/22 I won't even need a carry on so could take a load easy.

#12 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:39 PM

VV if I may,

I will be making 2 trips down in Feb.2/1 and again 2/22 on the 2/22 I won't even need a carry on so could take a load easy.

Thanks,  I sent you a PM.  Get back to me as to where you are located and I will ship you a couple of boxes along with a receipt for customs.

Skip

#13 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

BTW: C2W I hope you are OK with my hijacking this thread.

VideoVern

#14 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:21 AM

Not a problem Vern.

It's good to see that CMC isn't abandoned.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#15 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:40 AM

Not a problem Vern.

It's good to see that CMC isn't abandoned.

I know that FB seems to be taking over the world, and I do follow about 3 or 4 threads there.  That is where I found out about the needs at the HS.  This board provides us with a easy place to communicate and obtain information.  I always am checking for new restaurants before heading down on our annual trip.  I would hope that others will continue to see the value in maintaining contact through it.

Skip

#16 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

I check every day LOL.

#17 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:52 AM

Steve...The 17th sounds like a plan.

Steve and divern2h20...These boxes contain 50 gloves and are more the size of 2 boxes of kleenex (on steroids)  They are the surgical gloves, not the exam gloves that we see in the Dr. office.  I am going to take a look at them today to determine if the gloves can be removed and the box folded flat for packing.  If they can, I should be able to get 2 of them in with my dive gear. That would leave 3 more boxes to get muled down.

The gloves can easily be removed from the boxes.  The box can them be folded flat for packing.  Steve, If you can still take some, let me know qty and an address to ship them to via PM.  Divern2h2O, I have your address and just wanted to confirm that you can take a couple of boxes.

Thanks,

Vern

#18 divern2h20

divern2h20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

Yes no problem and happy to do it.

Thanks for the info on the Museum for Carnival, we've been street level before and it's sometimes a bit crowded.

The apartment we're staying at is only 3 doors from Melgar by the Museum but no view.

#19 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

Yes no problem and happy to do it.

Thanks for the info on the Museum for Carnival, we've been street level before and it's sometimes a bit crowded.

The apartment we're staying at is only 3 doors from Melgar by the Museum but no view.

I will get them packed and shipped to you on Monday.  We have breakfast there at least twice every trip.  It was the best place that we found to watch the parade.  All we had to do was raise our hand and a fresh drink was placed in it.  We always rent our car from Margarita and she is kind enough to allow us to park in her lot so the walk isn't very far at all.

#20 divern2h20

divern2h20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Vern,

Gloves came and we will get them there.

Can I just drop them at the Humane Society, I know where it's at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users