41 replies to this topic

#41 cookielady

cookielady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Cozumel, animals, reading,travel and friends

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

I had decided that I was no longer going to post on this subject. However, I feel that Cozucats post is off base and I want to clarify things. Yes, I will agree that I am naive and I have a habit of letting my heart rule at times. I also am very aware of the laws being different in Mexico and yes I do know my local congressman. I will also agree that I have not posted a lot on this forum but have very much enjoyed reading all the great topics and feeling like I was part of peoples adventures as I read them. I will not apologize for standing up for or trying to help someone I believe in. I have never publicly attacked any of you on this forum and even stated that I understood why some of you felt the need to remain silent. I get all of that. I thought that this was a public forum where people could state their opinions with the understanding that others may have different opinions. Whilst we may not agree, I see no reason for bashing each other and getting down right nasty over differences of opinion. I will not apologize for standing up for someone I believe in and will continue to support Sherri.

#42 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

I think we all agree that your heart is a kind one, Cookie Lady. And you are only trying to help. No one thinks the worst of you for posting. Not me, at any rate. It has made for a lively discussion if nothing else.

As you may know, this forum in particular is a hangout for a lot of ex pat US citizens who live here full-time. So the perspective is going to be mostly from that point of view. That's why it's called the Local Talk Forum.

Most of us are jaundiced old-hands of life on Cozumel. We've turned into cynics for the most part. And the longer you've lived here the more cynical you are likely to become. We may not exactly delight in puncturing the balloon of cockeyed optimists, but we can seldom resist the temptation to get out the pronger. For whatever reason. Who knows. Maybe we just have a low tolerance for BS from having to deal with so much of it on a regular basis.

Also, as one long-timer friend told me in a private email which I hope they won't mind me quoting here:

"We (ex-pats) are like a little family here. Always someone is fighting with someone else.

What is the saying? "God created all the suns and all the planets. The Devil created the small town."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users