• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 luv2sun

luv2sun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

We will arrive in Cozumel on Saturday and are thinking about doing the Passion Island Excurision and wanted to get others thoughts. We will have a rental car and staying at El Coz. Can someone tell me where and how far the pier is from El Coz and more details about it? Thank you in advance.

Kim

#2 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

From el Coz, it is about 2 miles north of via the unpaved and bumpy dirt road. Just follow it to the end of the road. Ask one of the boater ops there to run you across the sound (a few bucks for the ride)

Click the right hand button for pics:

http://picasaweb.goo...896259486581650

If you don't want to do the boat thing, you can wade over to a sand bar that is about 50 yards off shore and maybe 200 yards NW of the pier. In the photos, I call it "Baby's Head Island". You see why.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#3 luv2sun

luv2sun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

Thank you so much for the info. I also enjoyed all of your pics.

Will our rental car be safe staying there all day while we visit?

#4 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:44 AM

It will be OK to park there. Just make sure you don't park it in the way of anything. I wouldn't leave any valuables or loose items in the car. There's no need to take them anyway.

Nah Ha 602

#5 luv2sun

luv2sun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

Thanks again for the info. We will be there at 11:30 in the morning. Can't wait!

#6 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

I think that you are not allowed or at least not supposed to take rental cars off any paced roads. Is that right? If there is damage your insurance won't cover it. Is that right?

#7 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:54 AM

I consider that to be a "real road" and it is partially paved under all the potholes. I think the rule you are referring to is speaking of sand roads like the one to Punta Molas. (Heaven forbid the road to Playa Palancar was considered off limits!)

Nah Ha 602

#8 ksteen

ksteen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:00 PM

We just got back from Cozumel yesterday. We did the Passion Island Excursion and it was WONDERFUL!! We found that alot of people were not aware of passion island. We rented a car and drove down the long bumpy dirt road, kinda scary after the first mile or so, not sure that you are going to the right place. We were greeted by a tour guide that was very friendly, we left the car in the parking lot at the pier, paid him $45 a person and took a small boat over to the island. This place is so beautiful and worth $45 a person for all you can eat and drink. There were only about 50 people there the day we were so we had the place to ourselves, they said they had about 450 the day before from the cruise ships. (Tuesday's is the best day to go to avoid the cruise ships) The food was really good, alot better than our resort. We did not want to leave. This is a must do if you are planning to visit Cozumel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users