• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 keylimeguy

keylimeguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:48 PM

I just got back from Hotel Fontan a few days ago with my partner . We had a great time on the island . It shows a real commitment to go Gay Friendly.

#2 sailboat47

sailboat47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

Could you please tell us what the hotel was like that you stayed at.

#3 Free Richard

Free Richard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

Thats great to know. My good friends Greg Maue and Bob Parameter would love to stay there. Thanks for the info.

#4 jenster101

jenster101

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:13 AM

So Richard, you enjoyed your stay there?

#5 keylimeguy

keylimeguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:45 AM

It had a nice little snorkle area in front of the hotel and was close to town .

#6 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

I guess I didn't know there were any places that were not gay friendly on the island? It seems the island is very layed back and accepts people from all walks of life. Of course I am only there on vacation and do not live there. Also I am by no means am expert on the island or places that are or are not gay friendly.
Or maybe I am misunderstanding the term "Gay friendly"?
Bill

#7 keylimeguy

keylimeguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

Gay Friendly resorts are more accomodating reguarding public displays of affection . I have stayed at other places in Quintana Roo that were not so accomadating. I stayed at a Catalonia resort and had a note asking me to refrain from some of my activities . In public I rarely do more then hold hands or hug . In private I will do as I please with whomever I wish . I'm not sure if it was from the Hotel or from another guest . The note was on Hotel stationary and I seem to remember that stationary was in the room . When you go to gay friendly resorts its not just the hotel that is more open to the gay lifestyle but also the guests .

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:45 AM

this subject was discussed on TA to the point they had to not only be shut down, TA deleted the whole thread.

I don''t think you are going to get the same raise you might expect from this site.

Having lived in San Fran for many years, what is the agenda?

Frankly, come down during Carnival and you will see just how accepting Cozumel is to ALL cultures, and life styles.

Don't push an agenda, when there isn't one.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#9 keylimeguy

keylimeguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

I have been down during Carnival and it is wonderful . I'm just glad a hotel is taking a stand by openly marketing itself gay friendly . I just got back from Cozumel a few days ago .

#10 keylimeguy

keylimeguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:27 PM

As I stated earlier its not always the case that everyone is welcome everywhere . Whether it was another client or the hotel itself someone made a complaint . I dont do things in public . I prefer to keep most of my activiities private.

#11 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:48 PM

keylime, you are a newbie and this post is very informative to those in your chosen lifestyle. i think it is GREAT that there is a dedicated hotel, open to the lifestyle, here on the island.

just like clothing optional resorts have special training for their employees and must have liberal (or at least liberal minded) management, a "pink" hotel or resort must as well. there are nasty biggots out there and the last thing one wants is to be judged or feel like they are being watched by hotel staff and management. even moreso in a catholic country.
so, paula, while your last sentence was fine and great (that you think and believe all should be accepted), it is not how life works. i feel the rest of your last post was rude. i am sure i am not alone. i saw no agenda here. i saw a topic that can lead to a whole 'nuther population of tourists in cozumel who otherwise might be reluctant to come visit. a sharing of info.

when i saw that hotel lopez was for sale, i told my gay friends from seattle that they should buy it, remodel it, and make it a gay friendly hotel. would and could be a perfect place, bringing in lots of the playa tourists to cozumel. then the recession hit and nothing happened.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#12 captain ronald

captain ronald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

Since you recently stayed at Fontan I'd be interested in a little more info on the hotel. How are the rooms, how is breakfast at the hotel and anything you might add that would be of interest. Since this hotel has seen a lot of changes lately others might be interested. We have stayed at Casa del Mar for several years but it looks like they have priced themselves out of our range this year. Fontan and Villa Blanca seem to be the best buys right now at half the cost of CDM. Thanks

#13 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

My apologies...

When I made reference to "not pushing an agenda". It was my attempt (feeble) to point out that Cozumel has open arms to all people. Everyone is accepted equally, without an agenda.

As to my comment in regards to horns blowing, and bands...if you believe (as I do) we are ALL equal, gender, or personal preferences should not enter into anything, and that we all should have a welcoming committee when we arrive here.

Again, my comments where not meant to insult the OP

Thank you Nauticab for bring this to my attention.

I first stayed at this hotel when it was called the Hotel Mara, in 1975. It does have a wonderful little inlet to enjoy.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#14 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:35 PM

thank you for clarifying your post and for the apology....
now, i had some friends who stayed at fontan in feb. hopefully they have upgraded some things but this is a quote regarding their friends coming down who got a good price:
They are getting a better price for an all inclusive 5 star resort then we got at the no hot water rinky dink motel.

maybe it was a problem for a couple of days.... i like hotel fontan but have not stayed there to know it intimately.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#15 captain ronald

captain ronald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

One of the reasons we are looking at Fontan. For 8 days in early August Fontan is $429, Villa Blanca 449 and Casa Del Mar is $864. Last year we were down in June and I waited to book a room about a week before we left and got CDM for around 350. They had about 5 different dive groups staying there and seemed to be the busiest hotel on the island. I can't believe that as slow as it is the price would be that high. I can buy a lot of margarittas for 400 bucks so will probably wait a couple more weeks before we book.

#16 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

Ron, add into the equation that the Fontan is waterfront. Every room has a balcony with a gorgeous view. Villa Blanca and CDM are across the street from the water. That is a great price quote.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users