• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

Does anyone know if Deck Mate all purpose exterior deck screws are available here or Cancun. I (Greg) needs the # 8 X 2 inch Phillips-Square Drive, the tan colored ones for Natural Cedar and Pine. I need to find the smaller one pound box.

If not, would anyone be willing to bring down a box for me, or if you have some here, willing to sell all or some screws.

We had some hardwood cut to make a new table top, and without the proper screws, Greg won't install it.

I sure am needy this month:(

Thanks

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

i am going to the states and plan on stopping by a home depot. i can get a box for ya. i return the 11th
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

That would be GREAT. We can check to see the price, and Greg can stop by the store and give you the buck-o's.

Thank you very much.

Then he can build me my new outdoor table!

Will send email.

Paula

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

You might try the tornillo/screw store that is up on Avenida 30 very near the corner with Calle 8 Norte. Near the Ebenezer Presby church but on the other side of the street. Just north of Peche furniture/wood store and a musical instruments store on the east side of AVenida 30. They specialize in screws and have a very large selection. No English spoken however so either print a photo and add the specs or, best, take a sample and give it to one of the kids behind the counter and they'll disppear in the back looking for it. You might get lucky. You never know.

#5 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

while i will be happy to get the screws if i find them, you will likely get very lucky with the screw store (not to be confused with the taboo sex shop!). they seem to have almost everything. give them a shot.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av

#6 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:12 AM

Well, unfortunately, they don't have everything. They didn't have the 5" stainless steel eye bolts I needed to replenish my plywood and galvanized pipe hurricane protectores. But that was a good long while ago. So maybe they've even got those now. It's true they have a ton of inventory you not only can't find elsewhere on the island but probably couldn't find on the Home Depot shelves in Cancun.

They're one of the only places that carries a large variety of stainless steel. Inoxidable is the word you want to tell them. een-ox-ee-DAHB-lay.

#7 pato52

pato52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:42 AM

Just go with the BLUE screws. They add a nice splash of color that I think would look lovely at your place. :P

#8 Jim912

Jim912

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, teaching scuba and working on our house.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

I have a box of galvanized deck screws with the #2 Phillips head that you are welcome to. I was cleaning out my work shop and ran across them this morning. I also have some regular square drive small head cabinet screws not galvanized that you can have as well.

If you want them just shoot me a PM or email at jimbaldwin@suddenlink.net.

#9 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

Thank you Jim.

Screws have a new home.

Anonymous

#10 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:29 PM

screws are at the store paula when you want to get them. my 2 bags of york added another $6usd. thanks! :)
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av

#11 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

Thank you, will send Greg in for his, his, his "devices to hold down boards" :lol:

BTW, I think I smell peppermint on your breath!

Also, Thank you Jim 912 for the galvanized deck screws, we'll use those inside the house.

Tried to pick up the product today, girl knew nothing about it...tried to call, no answer...will try again tomorrow

Anonymous

#12 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

sorry about that.... they know now. didn't have my phone with me....was training. :)
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av

#13 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

Picked up the deck screws, and think we owe some more money. Your girl kept saying, No enough.

Let me know the exchange rate, and what we owe.

Thank You! Now, I get my new table

Anonymous

#14 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

it was $9.12 or something for the screws and $6 for the yorks. exchange rate in the store is 12. thanks and glad you will get your table now!
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users