• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Berman

Berman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

Carey: I just read the story regarding Mario cleanning the sistern. You said he told you it took 2 men 10 hours to do this. Iīm trying to understand because you didnīt mention how big the sistern was. Mine underground is 2,500 litros and on the roof is 1,000 litros. I just recently had my sistern cleanned and new electric water pump installed as well. It took my guy aprox 2 hours to clean the sistern and it hadnīt been done in long time. He returned the next day to install the electrice pump and was done within the hour. The cost was 500p and i paid for the part.

Carey: Did Mario tell you how big the sistern was ????? I think it would have to be a hugh sistern to have taken 2 men 10 hours to clean. Were they using a spoon to take out the dirty water????? I really have hard time to believe the story Mario is telling you. I have read there were others that like Marioīs work.

Iīm sure Mario has done a good job baste on what the people have said.

Just remember we are all human and make Mistakes and we need to pay for the Mistakes

have a nice day

Issy

#22 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

I mispoke. The 10 hours and two men was for everything that needed to be done including cleaning and blowing out the pipes. Going and getting the compressor, bringing it back. The whole shebang. Mario doesn't lie. He's sort of honest to a fault, in my opinion. I could sometimes do with a little less of that on occasion. Ha

And, yes, people make mistakes. Mario admitted he made one. However, to be asked to pay half of the price for a brand new water heater to replace one that was at least 8 years old and on its last leg, so it seems, doesn't seem quite fair to me. Especially considering the low prices Mario is already charging for his work.

#23 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

Being a LONG time customer of Mario I would NEVER, EVER use anyone else.

As for the water heater...it sounds like it was one, perhaps two of three things to me;

End of life
Not maintained
Defective

Luvfish, you jumped the gun. Mario may have done you a big favor by trying to clean out the pipes, it could have exploded, or it have caused a fire.

I think you should pay him for his work, and the to pick up your new tank when it went to another address.

As for the comments made by Berman, "Were they using a spoon to take out the dirty water?????" That was uncalled for.

You get what you pay for. If you got what you think you paid for, great.

So, now Mario has more time for those of us who appreciate his expertise with details!

I would also like to add, it was Mario and 10 workers who came out to our house after Wilma to cut their way through to us...We never made a call, Mario and his Dad, Dino did this on their own.

When he arrived, he had tears in his eyes that his amigo's where okay.

Never take advantage of local expertise...they deserve much more then we pay them.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#24 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Retired here in Cozumel and loving it

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

As this is an older post we wondered if Mario is still around and does anybody know his last name?

#25 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

Yes, Mario Puc is still around (he's not allowed to retire).  I just saw him the day before yesterday.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#26 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

His cellular is: : 044 987 112 4353 and he speaks extremely good English in addition to being highly competent as both an electrician and a plumber.  He is currently installing LED track lighting in a new room we are building plus drainage for the AC.  A couple of months ago he completed installation of a solar water heater system on our roof.

Once homeowners start using Mario and his Merry Men, they generally never look back has been my experience.

#27 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

Once homeowners start using Mario and his Merry Men, they generally never look back has been my experience.

They don't wear tights do they?

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users