Looking for a long term rental

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

LOL "you have got to be kidding me" is right! Jeez Paula, why do you have to jump to conclussions and make assumptions and posts that are bound to cause a problem? HOSPITALITY CLUB http://www.hospitalityclub.org/ exactly what I said. I have belonged to one of these for many years. I lived in both Germany and the Philippines and hosted guests from many places, people who I have remained friends with and have visited some of them in thier country. I have Army friends who do the same as does my older daughter who has also hosted while living in Germany and also Korea. My cousin in Korea does the same. Actually very educational. IT IS FREE...there are no fees to belong or for lodging. Sometimes it doesnot call for lodging, just a sponsor. So AGAIN, be careful what you assume. Also, yes my house has old shutters that are being replaced...I have windows and new screening, shutters soon to be replaced with glass. Funny because I have seen new gringo owned homes without GLASS windows. It is not a dump. I have a NEW bathroom and new kitchen, and my rooms are about 3 times the size that you have. DO not judge or make assumptions. OH by the way, I also installed a filtration and softner system. It is almost 3 years and I love my Mexican house and soon my son will own itbecause he is buying it for the family...not bad for a 21 yr old.

#22 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

I make NO assumptions, nor do I jump to concussions Patricia.

What you have provided is what I bass my opinions on.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#23 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

You ASSUMED that I was collecting rent because you said you hoped I was paying the tax. I said nothing that implied that. I said I have guests from my CLUB. Whatever...not worth getting bothered by it.

#24 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

I make NO assumptions, nor do I jump to concussions Patricia.

What you have provided is what I bass my opinions on.

Patricia, if you have a bigger bathroom, well knock yourself out

Patricia, no need to feel that you need to compete with anyone. We all know you, and accept you for who you are.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#25 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

dont forget that you will drastically drop your wattage by using the energy saver lights. i use all soft light(yellow) in all my fixtures and it looks and brightens the room the same as regular bulbs but uses next to nothing of electricity. they will cost you about 50 pesos each, but last so much longer and your power bill sees the difference right away.

while we dont have spike times, we do have seasonal times. i started turning off all my fans and lights when i left the house and it made a quick difference too.

gawd i love my aislawall blocks!
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#26 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

Nauti, Are those the curly spiral lights?

#27 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

there is a sale on those UGLY bulbs at Mega...

Anonymous

#28 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

can be the spiral ones, but also available in regular (or somewhat regular) shape. gotta look for the soft or yellow light. the white light is just too industrial. made a world of difference in my house when i switched out to yellow after i accidentally bought white.

easily found in boxito and niplito too.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#29 MexFan2

MexFan2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

"..."I belong to a hospitality organization and I have guests staying with me quite often" My guess is this means an organization such as CouchSurfing , where the members provide free places to stay , all over the world . No money involved so nothing to tax.

#30 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

Thanks MexFan...that is exactly it. I belong yo both "couch surfers" and HospitalityClub.org

#31 MexFan2

MexFan2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

"I hope you are paying your taxes of IVA for your hospitality suites"
I would imagine she is talking like a swap organization like CouchSurfing where you just make your couch or extra bed available--and she not renting anything that would be taxable. I have done the same through one of these organizations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users