• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:24 AM

For Sale: 2 - Channel Master high quality 1.8 meter (5.9 foot) satellite dishes, including dual connection LNBs (one DishPro, one Eagle-Aspen), including mounts (but no 4 inch mast poles - you can use Schedule 40 galvanized pipe). Channel Master dishes produce stronger signals than most other brands because they are more precisely formed. $800 USD each. New Channel Masters cost over $1000 USD delivered to Cozumel. Mine are already here. They are 7 years old, but in excellent shape. Will be available for you to have installed in the next few weeks. 50% deposit to hold dishes until my 8FT replacements arrive.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

We need to sell these guys...sticker shock is my guess.

A new 8 foot dish is $1,600 USD's...

In town, a 6 foot dish will put you back to where you where before Dish changed satellites.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 BlueWaterPrincessa

BlueWaterPrincessa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

We need to sell these guys...sticker shock is my guess.

A new 8 foot dish is $1,600 USD's...

In town, a 6 foot dish will put you back to where you where before Dish changed satellites.

Yes, and a brand new 6 foot dish can be purchased here and delivered to your door for $5500 pesos

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

Yes, you are correct that you can buy a less expensive dish. But, not all satellite dishes are the same.

Satellite signal quality depends on the precision of the shape of the dish. Channel Master dishes, are much more precise in the manufacturing process than other dishes.

Therefore, the transponder signals are much stronger with the Channel Master than most other dishes. Please check this with The Wireless Guy before you invest in any dish.

It comes down to quality. You get what you pay for.

Actually, the reason so many people are having trouble with reception since Dish Network switched satellites is because Cozumel gets a weak bleed over signal from spot beams aimed at US cities.

Anonymous

#5 BlueWaterPrincessa

BlueWaterPrincessa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:33 AM

Yes, you are correct that you can buy a less expensive dish. But, not all satellite dishes are the same.

Satellite signal quality depends on the precision of the shape of the dish. Channel Master dishes, are much more precise in the manufacturing process than other dishes.

Therefore, the transponder signals are much stronger with the Channel Master than most other dishes. Please check this with The Wireless Guy before you invest in any dish.

It comes down to quality. You get what you pay for.

Actually, the reason so many people are having trouble with reception since Dish Network switched satellites is because Cozumel gets a weak bleed over signal from spot beams aimed at US cities.

I am certainly no expert on satellite dishes but I have had Dish network on the island for 7 years or so. i purchased one of the 5500 pesos dishes through Kelly and am back to where I was before the Dish outage maybe I am lucky

#6 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

After 20 years of using Sat technology (communications, and TV) and leveraging experts in the technology , Channel Master is the best product on the market for what we needed, and wanted to pay for precision equipment.

You can spend much more for an an aluminum dish, starting at about 10K, and going up. An 8 foot dish is about $15,000 usd's.

One expense you don't want to revisit is having to invest in another Sat dish because you saved in the front end, but pay for it later.

Sometimes, it pays to buy once, so that you don't double your investment later.

I am happy it is working out for you.

Anonymous

#7 BlueWaterPrincessa

BlueWaterPrincessa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

After 20 years of using Sat technology (communications, and TV) and leveraging experts in the technology , Channel Master is the best product on the market for what we needed, and wanted to pay for precision equipment.

You can spend much more for an an aluminum dish, starting at about 10K, and going up. An 8 foot dish is about $15,000 usd's.

One expense you don't want to revisit is having to invest in another Sat dish because you saved in the front end, but pay for it later.

Sometimes, it pays to buy once, so that you don't double your investment later.

I am happy it is working out for you.

WOW! I had no idea they could get that expensive. I will be grateful for mine for as long as it works :)

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

The Wireless Guy is installing our 8 foot Sat dish today. I asked him about the pricing of our 6 foot dishes, and if it was fair on what we where asking for them.

What he said was it is the strength of the signal, and the support system (wind, sun...) that degrades a dish. Chanel Master holds it shape, and the integrity of the dish is not compromised for many years, whereas other dishes do not.

It really comes down to if you understand the differences, and only want to pay once.

Our new 8 foot dish is a Channel Master.

You can contact Nemecio for his opinion on the dishes, independent of my statements.
nemecio@gmail.com

I also asked about the $5,500p's price. Nemecio said, the price is higher now (sames the shipper made a mistake on the charges).

Anonymous

#9 Cozumel Wireless

Cozumel Wireless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:47 PM

The Wireless Guy is installing our 8 foot Sat dish today. I asked him about the pricing of our 6 foot dishes, and if it was fair on what we where asking for them.

What he said was it is the strength of the signal, and the support system (wind, sun...) that degrades a dish. Chanel Master holds it shape, and the integrity of the dish is not compromised for many years, whereas other dishes do not.

It really comes down to if you understand the differences, and only want to pay once.

Our new 8 foot dish is a Channel Master.

You can contact Nemecio for his opinion on the dishes, independent of my statements.
nemecio@gmail.com

I also asked about the $5,500p's price. Nemecio said, the price is higher now (sames the shipper made a mistake on the charges).

I personally liked the batch of dishes Gene Kelley brought and i got to install most of them.

They are very easy to install and align and the quality you get is as good as you can get from an offbrand antena.

Given the compromise between price and precision I think they were and excellent purchase. Specially if you were ne of the original 20 buyers!

Now, and I told this to most if not all of the ones I installed such dishes, I was not impressed nor happy about the mast, mounting bracket and related hardware, nor the strenght of it. On top of that is obvious they did their best to save on fiberglass while manufacturing it.

I highly recomended that those antenas should be taken down with the slightest storm treat. I'm still to see the next winter season with the strong nortes we get and i can almost bet that I will get quite a few calls to realign them. The adjustement to get transponder 13, 17 and 20... all at once is very very precise.

On the other hand, the very much higer priced Channel Master antenas are the Cadillac of antenas. But when i see that schedule 40, 4 inch pipe and everything else that is used to hold that antena in place i have no concerns about its abilyty to hold up to Nortes and maybe even a slow tropical storm.

Anotehr thing I found out is that there is a significant difference in signal streght depending on where you live on the island.

South or around the Windham hotel the signal is a few, 3 or 4, points lower than in downtown and 8 or 9 points lower than the peninsula grand area on the north hotel zone.

When 12 points is the minimum required to watch some channels that is a BIG difference!

Cancun is blessed and they can continue using their 4 ft antennas for sat 119!!!! We are right at the fringe area and really have to struggle to get as much as we can....

Ok... enough explaining... and i think this may belong to the technical forum but figure it could work here also....

If I can help at all please let me know... It would be a pleasure!

Nemecio
Cozumel Wireless
High Speed Internet, Satellite TV and Wireless Network Solutions!
Cel Phone: 987 101 4925 / 987 115 3761

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users