• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 Pipe Creek

Pipe Creek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

I was in Cozumel again in mid-December. I love shopping there & always go into town to eat at Pancho's Backyard. I & my boyfriend have bought lots of jewelry there & always been satisfied. HOWEVER, this time my boyfriend bought me a pendant & himself a chain at Caribbean Dreams Jewelers. I took the pendant to my jeweler in SA, TX to have it mounted on a chain (the bale needed to be expanded by a fraction) & discovered it was NOT GOLD; the COIN IS REPLICA; his necklace IS NOT GOLD NOR IS HIS COIN! Visa has stopped payment on the charge & I have a statement from the jeweler for their records, but I would like to have a phone number for the store & for PROFECO (an address or some other information) I am sending a certified letter to the store, but don't expect much from them since we dealt with a man who said he was the owner. I am also notifying Princess & RCL since we sail often on both lines & cone to Cozumel as often as possible.
This is a beautiful town & the people are great. What a shame to let this store continue to operate.
Any help with numbers would be appreciated & we will be back soon!

#82 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

Use the search function of this forum with the phrase caribbean dream and you will find several other threads on this store with even more information and I believe all contact information and lots of advice is listed in these. There are at least two other threads on this in addition to the one to which you posted your query.

#83 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

Can someone please help me. I bought a ring from Caribbean Dreams also while on a cruise ship. The ring is stamped 14K but it is not gold. My credit card company told me to contact the merchant and send back the ring. I have read the posts that say don't send back anything but report the fraud to someone. Can anyone give me some directions?

Rose
rosieaf1@yahoo.com

We maybe need a new thread so this isn't buried so deeply within the Caribbean Dreams of Fran shattered, BUT Fran persisted and got all her money back!! Rose's post from bottom of page 4

I was in Cozumel again in mid-December. I love shopping there & always go into town to eat at Pancho's Backyard. I & my boyfriend have bought lots of jewelry there & always been satisfied. HOWEVER, this time my boyfriend bought me a pendant & himself a chain at Caribbean Dreams Jewelers. I took the pendant to my jeweler in SA, TX to have it mounted on a chain (the bale needed to be expanded by a fraction) & discovered it was NOT GOLD; the COIN IS REPLICA; his necklace IS NOT GOLD NOR IS HIS COIN! Visa has stopped payment on the charge & I have a statement from the jeweler for their records, but I would like to have a phone number for the store & for PROFECO (an address or some other information) I am sending a certified letter to the store, but don't expect much from them since we dealt with a man who said he was the owner. I am also notifying Princess & RCL since we sail often on both lines & cone to Cozumel as often as possible.
This is a beautiful town & the people are great. What a shame to let this store continue to operate.
Any help with numbers would be appreciated & we will be back soon!

Yes it is indeed a shame that this store is allowed to operate. I talked to Lic. Santin today and said more complaints against Caribbean Dreams. Don't waste any time attempting to contact this store. If you want results, contact Lic. Ariadne Santin at PROFECO and she will do her best to get your money refunded. Her only authority is in representing the consumer to get their money refunded. She agreed these were criminal matters and should be treated as such.

What complicated the situation with Fran was that she filed the correct online form with PROFECO in Mexico City. It seems that they have 30 days to respond and start processing the complaint. Before Mexico City replied, Fran was put in contact with Lic. Santin directly on the island. Since a complaint was already in limbo in Mexico City, the local attorney could not do anything until Mexico City forwarded her the case file. Contact Lic. Santin directly in Cozumel. She is very familiar with the store and their history. You should scan all receipts, "appraisals" and proof of fraudulent merchandise and add as attachments in your email to Lic. Santin.

her email address: asantinprofeco@yahoo.com You have a right, but you have a responsibility to demand your money be returned. Hopefully in a few more months this store will be closed. It is certainly no secret what is happening and every honest merchant on the island is furious over this matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users