Photo

Fiesta Americana's AI "Crazy Deal" too good to be true?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

The THING...or as I like to call it the "Flintstones Mobile"...no 4 wheel drive on any vehicle here.

There are so many selections of transportation now. Tuc-Tuc's, Dune Buggies (useless and loud), electric cars...it's all over the board.

Forgot to mention, if you do take a vehicle off road, it violates your agreement. You get stuck, or break down off road, you are up the creek.

Please also take out full coverage, with zero deductible. Your credit card will not cover you (maybe reimburse you when you return home).

I am sure this is redundant to you but, make sure your bank, and credit card company know that you will be traveling in Mexico. Otherwise, you may not be able to pull money out of the ATM or pay on your CC.

Also, on the East side, no credit card use is available..no power or phone line to process the cards.

1 week, one sweater, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 T's, 2 tanks, flip flops, and water shoes...now your packed! :D

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#22 Nitch

Nitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

Anyone on the east side let you rent or borrow a horse or two for the day? I'm an experienced equestrian and I'll have them back by dusk! :P

#23 eaton53

eaton53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, Sports, Computers... I'm a Senior Product Designer and Engineering Project Manager. Been to Cozumel a few times.

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

Forgot to mention, if you do take a vehicle off road, it violates your agreement. You get stuck, or break down off road, you are up the creek.

I went off road while on road once.
Back in January '06 we drove down the oceanfront road in front of what was left of the Presidente, stopped by what was then Dzul Ha and the rebuild-in-progress FA.
Once you got past them until Corona it was like graded rubble. Some of it was big rubble.
Did it in one of those little Hyundai/Dodge cars. Wasn't sure it would make it, but it got thru without scuffs. Slowly.

1 week, one sweater, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 T's, 2 tanks, flip flops, and water shoes...now your packed! :D

You know, I try that with my wife and it never works.

#24 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

I hate to keep saying "you can't get there from here" but the closes to riding a horse on the beach is Mr. Sanchos. http://www.mrsanchos...nchos/tours.htm

It will be south from FA, about 4 miles. It is also, leader lead.

There is a big horse ranch on the east side, but you can only book through a cruise ship (to my knowledge) and they don't ride on the beach anyway.

How about Atlantis Submarine? Now, that is one cool tour. I have done it twice, and am/was a diver and my husband dives every week, and he thought it was just GREAT.

http://www.atlantisa...-activities.cfm

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#25 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

try, but if you go down empty, you can go shopping at Cinco Soles and come back FULL!!!

Anonymous

#26 Guest_captnpat_*

Guest_captnpat_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

We rented a "Thing" from the same place a couple of years ago when we had a party of 4. Looks like the same one. Warning: :unsure: The seats are not adjustable, they are welded in place. So I was the only one who could drive. I'm 5'7 and my buddy is 6'3 and he could not fit behind the steering wheel. We had a blast in it and went everywhere. That was our only problem with the vehicle.

#27 eaton53

eaton53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, Sports, Computers... I'm a Senior Product Designer and Engineering Project Manager. Been to Cozumel a few times.

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

I wonder how old those Things are. They quit making 'em like 30 years ago.
Heck, I wasn't all that confident they'd make it to where they were supposed to go when they were new!

#28 desmei

desmei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:39 AM

No. It may have started out as 4WD, but they'd have disabled it. We had a Less Pay Jeep for the week (and I still don't get the appeal of Jeeps. I have long hair and it was NOT pretty by the time we'd get into town! LOL) and the front drive shaft was disabled.

I'd just get a VW or Chevy the next time. The extra $$ for a vehicle you can't lock doesn't make sense to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users