• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Danielle

Danielle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

For sale: "FRENCH KISS" runabout, 16 ft long, 6 ft wide, depth 2.5 ft.
Ford Mustang inboard engine, type 335 marine, HP 285 ,with its trailer.
Perfect for water ski or leisure trip. 6 pax, available in Cozumel, US$ 9.000.
e-mail: Scuba gamma
Posted Image

Se vende la lancha FRENCH KISS tipo runabout,
5,27 metros de larga, manga 1,88m, puntal 0,85m.
Motor de base Ford Mustang tipo 335 marine, 285 cab, con remolque.
Perfecto para eski nautico o viajes de placer.Para 6 personas,visible en Cozumel, US$ 9.000.
Tel: (+52) 987 878 5437 ou (+52) 987 105 6473
e-mail: Scuba Gamma

#2 Danielle

Danielle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

For sale: "FRENCH KISS" runabout, 16 ft long, 6 ft wide, depth 2.5 ft.
Ford Mustang inboard engine, type 335 marine, HP 285 ,with its trailer.
Perfect for water ski or leisure trip. 6 pax, available in Cozumel, US$ 9.000.
e-mail: Scuba gamma
Posted Image

Se vende la lancha FRENCH KISS tipo runabout,
5,27 metros de larga, manga 1,88m, puntal 0,85m.
Motor de base Ford Mustang tipo 335 marine, 285 cab, con remolque.
Perfecto para eski nautico o viajes de placer.Para 6 personas,visible en Cozumel, US$ 9.000.
Tel: (+52) 987 878 5437 ou (+52) 987 105 6473
e-mail: Scuba Gamma

#3 Danielle

Danielle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

NEW YEAR - NEW PRICE
NUEVO AÑO - NUEVO PRECIO
NOUVELLE ANNÉE - NOUVEAU PRIX
USD 9000

#4 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

So I have to ask....with a 285 HP engine and only 16', this thing has got to be able to do 100km/hour, correct?

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#5 Danielle

Danielle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

Not likely. This engine is tuned for slow rotations . . . lasting longer than for a car. Water is resisting by friction exponentially with speed, much more than tires on tracks, which means this boat can fly at 30-35 knots maximum, on a flat sea. If you are looking for a real fast boat around 100 km/h, you have to ckeck for offshore or race catamaran speed boats. Obviously not at the same price!

#6 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:33 AM

Horsepower in the water is nothing like horsepower on the street. From personal experience, from boats I've owned: 25' LOA Boston Whaler stripped down center helm with twin 225 HP Johnson (450 HP) will yeild a cruising speed of about 48-55mph. A 32' Scarab Sport with twin 500HP Cobra engines yeilds a near 70 mph cruising speed. The only boat I have ever been on (didn't own it) that hit speeds of nearly 100 mph was a 32 ft Baja with triple 400 Yamaha's and that was making the run on a lake, at dawn, when the water was like a mirror. We hit over 85 mph using a digital GPS speedometer as a guide.

Cozumel Diving

#7 John D

John D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Boating, Hunting and Travel

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

I have owned numerous performance boats over the years, from big (36-40ft) with double and triple engines to small (22-28 foot) with singles. Speed has everything to do with the hull design. A catamaran or true tunnel hull will achieve far higher speeds with less horse power then a V-hull, the less the hull touches the water the less drag and that equals more speed. I currently own (trying to sell) a newer 28 foot stepped vhull performance boat that has a single 496 HO (425HP) motor. It will cruise at 55 mph and has a wide open throttle speed of 72 mph on the GPS. There is a boat builder here locally in SWFLA that builds custom cats they built one 50 foot long that will run over 200 MPH! Hull design has come a long way over the years.

BTW Danielle that looks like a fun little boat, I wish I could bring mine down when we finally move to the island full time in late 2011, but the boss says it has to go...

#8 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:49 AM

A few years back, I had the distinct pleasure of piloting an off-shore "luxury speed boat" from Anguilla to St. Martin. It had two, V-12 diesels with twin turbos on each motor and computer controlled surface drive props. That boat could fly at 65-70 feet in length. Coming across the water to pick us up it looked like a white tornado due to the plume of mist behind it.

I agree with the HP to engine speed to "torque" discussion. The diesel Audi's in motorsports have been kicking everyone's butt in endurance racing for years. They don't have as much horsepower, but they have torque coming out the wazoo. Torque puts you back in the seat, horsepower keeps you there.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#9 Richard W

Richard W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Scuba, Motorcycles

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

Yep Good Honest post.. Poster has BTDT IMHO..Yes its all about Hull design and NOT over powering Don't forget proper prop either . One of my boats ? A 17'6" Sea Ray, a good boat 90 HP Merc Tower of power ( remember those? : ) WOT 44mph humm Brothers boat 21 foot Switzer customized by Bobby Switzer for my brother ( pays to have freinds) and with a Johnson 150 ? 72 mph.. Different boat different prop. Good post I like Gear Heads : )

I have owned numerous performance boats over the years, from big (36-40ft) with double and triple engines to small (22-28 foot) with singles. Speed has everything to do with the hull design. A catamaran or true tunnel hull will achieve far higher speeds with less horse power then a V-hull, the less the hull touches the water the less drag and that equals more speed. I currently own (trying to sell) a newer 28 foot stepped vhull performance boat that has a single 496 HO (425HP) motor. It will cruise at 55 mph and has a wide open throttle speed of 72 mph on the GPS. There is a boat builder here locally in SWFLA that builds custom cats they built one 50 foot long that will run over 200 MPH! Hull design has come a long way over the years.

BTW Danielle that looks like a fun little boat, I wish I could bring mine down when we finally move to the island full time in late 2011, but the boss says it has to go...

#10 Richard W

Richard W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:12 AM

Yep its ALL about available....... usable........transferable...... torque.. Spinning your prop is the same as spinning your tires and that doesnt make you go fast...Over the years I have learned a bit about go fast.. Go fast doesnt start at taking off the muffler hahahah it has to relate to exhaust valve timing as well.. But thats a LOT of Math for...Another post, on another board..

A few years back, I had the distinct pleasure of piloting an off-shore "luxury speed boat" from Anguilla to St. Martin. It had two, V-12 diesels with twin turbos on each motor and computer controlled surface drive props. That boat could fly at 65-70 feet in length. Coming across the water to pick us up it looked like a white tornado due to the plume of mist behind it.

I agree with the HP to engine speed to "torque" discussion. The diesel Audi's in motorsports have been kicking everyone's butt in endurance racing for years. They don't have as much horsepower, but they have torque coming out the wazoo. Torque puts you back in the seat, horsepower keeps you there.

#11 Richard W

Richard W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:17 AM

Oh but hey... Not talking those kinds of speed .. but I picked up another knot under sail and 3 under power .......by proper prep of my hull and using the best wax for the job.. She ( 26' sailboat with a Mercury 50 HP EFI BF) WOT on light chop...18 MPH. Cruise under same condition's? 12 mph.. 3 to 5 mpg! Yep its all about hull design and Maintenance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users