4 replies to this topic

#1 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

We had lion fish last night at La Perlita. OMG. It has now become a favorite. Firm, meaty, mild, absolutely delicious! We had to ask for the separate lion fish menu, and had it with butter and garlic. Next time, will have the garlic on the side, as the fish was outstanding on its own.

Only a few restaurants currently serve lion fish. If you don't see it on the menu, it doesn't hurt to ask for it. This is a great way to get rid of this delicious imported predator!

We spoke with Roberto, son of our favorite jeweler, Sergio, (and who has his own Sergio's store), who was a part of bringing the Great Lion Fish Hunt to Cozumel, and helped introduce it to local restaurants. He was pleased with the response. We need to support the restaurants that serve lion fish, and request that other places do the same!

#2 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

We had lionfish there earlier this month. The coconut and the shishkabob. Both were tremendous.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#3 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Last time I was there (this past May) I went diving with Pancho's Diving Adventures. During a dive along Chankanaub Pancho speared 5 or 6 lion fish. He got paid a bounty by the marine park people and then he made a lionfish cerviche and brought it by the house the next day. It was really great tasting.

#4 cozdude

cozdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:rock & ice climbing, mountaineering, snowboarding, diving, mountain biking, mixed martial arts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

Had the Lion Fish Ceviche at La Perlita recently as well -- really good stuff!!! Try it!

#5 minneSNOWta

minneSNOWta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

I had lionfish at Guido's last October. It was awesome!
http://i160.photobuc...na/100_2520.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users